Membership in the Beckley Art Center is open to both artists and non-artists. If you are interested in joining our organization, you will find our Membership Application near the bottom of this page.
For returning members, renewing your annual membership is as easy as a click of a button. You can pay using a PayPal account, or a credit or debit card by clicking on the Renew Membership button at the bottom of our page. This will re-route you to our online PayPal option. This option is for Returning Members interested in Renewing their Membership Only. Again, those interested in joining the Beckley Art Center for the first time will find our Membership Application at the bottom of the page. Don't like to pay online? That's okay: you can mail a check to us at 600 Johnstown Road, Beckley, WV 25801, or stop by during gallery hours Wednesday - Saturday from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
A vibrant arts environment is crucial to a community's economic growth and Beckley Art Group, Inc., a non-profit, volunteer-based organization has worked for over 70 years towards fulfilling its vision of fostering arts & culture and building a creative community.
The key to our organization is our members.
Last year we met our goals and the Board of Directors is very thankful for the ongoing diligence of its members for assisting in that success. Every day we continue to grow and offer our members and community ever expanding opportunities in the arts. We welcome anyone interested in supporting our organization in any capacity.
- Awarded grants from the WV Nonprofit Association & the Beckley Area Foundation
- Employed an innovative and dedicated full time gallery director
- Provided year round educational opportunities in the arts for adults & youth
- Increased the number & diversity of exhibits for members and guests
- Held the 2nd Journey of an Art Doll Auction, a principle fundraiser
- Received regional publicity for the very popular community Yard Yarn Bombing Project
- Purchased folding tables which helps with special events & increased rentals of the facility
- Offered regularly scheduled & private painting parties for adults & youth
- Increased our unexpected and public art endeavor throughout the community
- Honored our increasing number of lifetime members with a reception & membership plaque
- Became a member of the WV Nonprofit Association & Leave A Legacy of Central Appalachia
GOALS FOR THE UPCOMING YEAR
- Increase grant application submissions & fundraising initiatives
- Foster arts and culture in our community by continuing to host Poets' Café & Music in the Gallery
- Establish a digital art lab with educational workshops and a digital storytelling initiative
- Expand marketing efforts with awarded grant funds from the WV Nonprofit Association
- Grow our participation in pop-up exhibits & Unexpected Art at local venues & community events
- Share the workshop space at the Beckley Art Center with special interest groups
- Explore the world of art by offering organized expeditions to other cities - Art Safaris
- Promote community based art and beautification projects in collaboration with the City of Beckley
- Teach a series of workshops to assist our member artists titled, "The Business of Art"
If you have questions please contact Joanie Newman, gallery director at: 304.253.9226 or email@example.com